We bring years of expertise in AI, data science and computer science. Our team includes leading researchers in automatic
question-answering, speech recognition, and image processing and business executives with deep expertise across multiple
industries. Together, we recognize and understand the unique challenges of our clients.
Our mission is to build adaptive, multi-strategy artificial intelligence (AI) systems to solve today’s most challenging problems. We help people and technology be better, together.
OUR CORE VALUES
Our core values define how we act and treat each other. They factor into our decision-making and into our conversations. They are the heart of our company and how we choose to behave on a daily basis.
Trust, honesty and openness
Our business is small, so our relationships have to be rock solid. We treat each other with respect even when there are differences.
We share company information including financials so everyone knows exactly what our wins and
challenges are. We do not hide problems — instead we air them publicly so there are no secrets.
We celebrate wins as a team because everyone makes contributions.
Personal integrity and accountability
Our word means something. Do what you say you’re going to do, when you say you’re going to do it. Being able to count on
others is imperative, and delivering on your word is our standard. Master your self by understanding
your strengths and weaknesses and how your actions and words impact others.
Creative problem-solving and perseverance
We see problems as opportunities to get creative, not as anything more than a speed bump. We leverage our collective expertise
to develop solutions and leave our egos at the door to make the work better. We keep working
until we see a path forward.
Finding meaning in our work
We’re in business to do more than just make money. We’re dedicated to finding personal and professional growing edges and
exploring how we can operate at a higher level as individuals and as an organization.
Empowering our customers and creating positive change
Technology for the sake of pure experimentation has its place, but we’re applying technology to business problems, connecting
individuals with information, and delivering data-driven insight to create stronger, healthier,
more informed organizations and relationships.
Founded in 2015, our roots are in Carnegie Mellon University’s School of Computer Science. Our team’s decades of experience in industry and cutting-edge research means we understand the constraints and limitations of AI, and how it can best be combined to your challenges and context.
Co-Founder & CEO
- Award-winning CEO and Serial Entrepreneur; expertise in technology and e-commerce spanning over two decades
- Successfully founded OnlineChoice and Intellions and has worked at IBM and Giant Eagle
- Graduated in Computer Science from MANIT, Virginia Tech, with an MBA from Carnegie Mellon. Sanjay is on the board of several organizations
Co-Founder & Chief Data Scientist
- One of the world’s leading cognitive computing data scientists
- Academic consultant for IBM Watson since 2007
- Engineered and Developed SmartCognitves™ Decision Management System
- Professor and Director, Master of Computational Data Science Program at Carnegie Mellon
Partner & Chief Speech Scientist
- Research faculty at CMU’s Language Technologies Institute in automatic speech recognition, multimedia processing, semantic computing, and user interfaces
- World-class leader in speech recognition and multimedia analysis research
- Leads the development of state-of-the-art speech and audio analytics capabilities
Partner & SVP, Enterprise Development
- Accomplished Marketing Technology Executive with 20 years experience in engineering and execution of data-driven marketing platforms
- Leads national sales and strategy efforts
Data Science Engineer
- Brings over 10 years of experience in quantitative analysis across a range of scientific domains and data types
- Designs and implements computational, statistical, and optimization models
- Brings 10+ years of experience in Technology Leadership and Product Management at Major League Baseball Advanced Media and Google.
- Leads Product Management efforts with various partners.
- Graduated with BS Computer Science from UMASS Amherst, and MBA from Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon University
Partner & SVP, Creative
- 20+ years experience in design, branding and UX
- Leads creative and UI/UX development with a focus on human-centered design principles
Data Science/AI Consultant
- Brings over 20 years of experience in R&D
- Has broad expertise in a variety of topics, including machine learning, natural language processing, and efficient computing
Junior Data Scientist & Developer
- Full-stack developer with experience with numerous frameworks and technologies
- Handles development and prototyping efforts for multiple projects
OUR DEVELOPMENT AND ENGINEERING TEAM
OUR ADVISORY BOARD
Our accomplished advisory board brings years of experience from some of the most respected companies, universities,
We’re committed to building a diverse team that’s curious, adaptive, and willing to take risks. Because that’s what it takes to shape something new — and that something happens to be the cognitive era. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Junior Data Scientist
Cognistx is looking to hire a Junior Data Scientist/Software Engineer to support our Data Science team in design and implementation of AI systems.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Client day-to-day management;
- Requirements gathering to define analytic objectives;
- Data gap analysis;
- Coordination of task execution with our global engineering team;
- Participation in development of data analysis plans;
- Implementation of data analysis plans, including creation of visualizations, tabular reporting, fitting and evaluation
of SML models, etc.;
- Writing client-facing reports and contributing to proposal work;
- Work related travel as needed (2-3 times per quarter).
The ideal candidate will have most of the following qualifications:
- 1-2 years of data science/software development experience;
- Solid training in probability and statistics;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Proficiency in R, Python, Tableau or similar.
Nice to have:
- Proficiency in Java, RDBMS;
- Experience with QA/NLP;
- Experience with Assembla.
Please send your resume to